Monday, June 6, 2016

Questions of Time


I'm late. I'm late. For a very important date. No time to say "Hello, Goodbye." I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.  The hurrier I go the behinder I get - The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. 
If I could save time in a bottle. The first thing that I'd like to do is to save every day 'til eternity passes away. Just to spend them with you. - Jim Croce




I first learned about time with its hands that moved in a circular way. We said ten o'clock. It's quarter to three. Quarter after. Half passed. We didn't know digital time back then. Now with numbers it could be four forty-five or eight fifteen.

Time is always near. It is of the essence, we say as we work around the clock.

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
And think of you
Caught up in circles 
Confusion is nothing new. - Cindy Lauper


What if individuals had the ability to visualize time? Hear it. Taste it. Sense it in other ways?

How often do we check the time. When we need more time?

Can time travel?

How do we manage time as it surges, flaps and beats to engage us?  Watch it escape our grasp?

Who tries to kill time? Stop it? Suspend it? Evade it?





Think about the second hand. Is there second hand time?


How do we find time?

               Can we avoid losing it?






Time, time, time. See what's become of me. While I looked around for my
possibilities. I was so hard 
to please. - Simon and Garfunkel
Is it about time to play with notions of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment