Friday, June 17, 2016

Love is the Water of Life - Rumi

An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, 
while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight. 
A truly wise person is color blind.
- author unknown

These letters appear, in a variety of forms, on paths and walls around the University of Oregon campus. I know the messages relate to a song and movie that aren't so love-ly. During a day of brisk walking and photographing, the message arrives to me as Evolve Love.  Love flips backward and evol- ves.   

The word LOVE fills me with an energizing spirit. My arms and legs tingle. A zip zooms up my spine. I'm not a hopeless romantic. As a word-driven writer, the letters of Love enchant and give me hope for our challenged society.


Weary of the political scene, my mind flows into a wish for an hour-a-day of Love promotion. 

I wish a media outlet would send messages of success, love and gratitude.  

Maybe a beep sounds! For 5 minutes we learn what works?

We're shown the world's successes instead of floods of the latest horrors.





I believe in the possibility of kindness and respect evolving in our human race.  That's what keeps me write on.


Rumi writes, "This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. Love is the Water of Life. Drink it down with heart and soul."

Fly above negativity. Create your daily Beep!

Let Love evolve to win your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment