Friday, April 17, 2020

A Day to Unclutter

Spring encourages my need to unclutter in a ritual I call - Throw Don't Stow. A tug toward a turtle's simplicity pulls during observation of my office. Ah, to have a paperless space.




How to push past clutter to keep life's essentials?

I envision a smiling vacuum to suck until my surfaces shine in emptiness.

After the purge, I'd add to my desk: one tall vase with a daisy and my Wizard.





As my desk charmer, he sits with hands in the air, eyes closed. His white beard reveals a sneaky smile.

Light bounces from a crystal ball beneath his belt that rests on the robe.





Of course, I'd have to keep my fountain pen stable.

UNCLUTTER 

Part 1: Take fifteen minutes today and open three drawers in a room. Take out the contents and put them in a box. Go without them for two months. If you can do it - don't peek - throw them!

Part 2: Lose two pieces of writing today. Hide them a month. Then - Approach them again. You'll discover possibilities.




Brighten your day and have fun as you uncluttered and throw instead of stow.

No comments:

Post a Comment