Monday, August 29, 2016

Take a Moment . . .


A moment of happiness,
you and I sitting on the verandah,
apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.
We feel the flowing water of life here,
you and I, with the garden’s beauty
and the birds singing.
The stars will be watching us,
and we will show them
what it is to be a thin crescent moon.
You and I unselfed, will be together,
indifferent to idle speculation, you and I.
The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar
as we laugh together, you and I.
In one form upon this earth,
and in another form in a timeless sweet land.
                                                 - Rumi

Immersion in a natural setting provides moments of tranquility. Sharing smiles and laughs brightens the spirit and engages the human connection.





Watching a cormorant nesting gentles the mind.










When laughter conquers the day's mishaps and exercises the stomach muscles, contentment circulates.















Love is the bridge 
between you and everything. - Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment