Sunday, December 1, 2013

Write about Winter


I have tried to run faster than the gray squirrels.  I can’t believe they can stay ahead of my strides.  They cheat, of course, and race up a tree when I begin to overtake them. They don’t even follow me over the bridge to the duck and heron ponds.

Winter has sneaked up on fall and plays tug-a-war with for leaves and the last days of sunshine. A crisp in the breeze invites clusters of leaves to bounce and play tag along the sidewalks. Morning frosts the grass in sparkles.


This next season presents a palate of branches that feather the sky in frigid air. With nature exploding wonder all around, I appreciate a slower pace that stimulates my creativity and enthusiasm for every moment in movement. 
   
Creative Write: What does the changing season represent to you? Connect it with memories or emotions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment