Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Wander and Zipper of Possibilities

















Curiosity leads my eyes and ears on adventures each day.  I search for connections and revelations around corners and behind buildings.  This tree intrigues.  From underneath, across the street, and at all angles, it provides questions. 

The click of a camera captures an essence of elephant that Dr. Seuss could appreciate.  I feel the texture of its leaves, so alive and ready to explore with me. Maple leaves crunch under my feet and send me to another level of experience. The next turn of pavement revealed that my Volkswagen Beetle, Blue Stu, does follow the path of evolution.

We take everyday items for granted.  Just imagine the creative minds behind them.  Think zipper.  Did Mr. Zipper, consider a solution to keep the wind away more a button could?  Did he happen upon railroad tracks?   Then an "Aha" moment struck?  The paper clip could have evolved from an orthodontist tired of bending one more wire. He twisted, turned it and tossed it on his desk.  Then he uncluttered papers instead of straightening teeth.  

Feathers inspired the notion of Velcro. How did the key or safety pin arrive for use?  Imagine the person who became frustrated with burned fingers and designed the coffee collar. Discomfort has produced an intrigue with problem solving.  The creativity of the human spirit amazes.  


See where your senses take you as you move through the day.  Consider life's conveniences as a result of connections and revelations.Write stories or poems with questions.  

Creative Write:  Once you have gathered your "finds" consider how to invite them into a writing adventure.

Notions to ponder:

What if . . .
How will I . . .
In what ways does this . . .
How will I alter a perception of the "find."
How will I go wilding?

No comments:

Post a Comment