Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Driver Education


Oh! for the open road.

Highway and road rules and regulations seem like "suggestions" these days. Everyone rolls stop signs. Few use turn indicators. Many weave in and out of traffic at high speeds. Some even drive with their knees; coffee in one hand, cell phone in the other. 

These individuals certainly trust the attention and ability of surrounding drivers.


I would like to develop comment cards to communicate with drivers.

Student Driver. Stay Back. Way back.

Beware: 90 year old deaf driver. Don't cut me off.

Don't Tailgate, I have no brakes.

Stop Texting. I'm texting your license plate to Highway Patrol.

If you can read this sign, you're nearsighted and shouldn't drive this close.

As long as you're this close will you wash my rear window?

Did you know that stalk on your steering wheel activates the turn indicators?

You're drafting so close? Are you practicing for NASCAR? 

Don't drive so close. When I sneeze I brake without warning.

My favorite card would include a huge photograph of portapotties. The sign would read: Sudden stops. Tailgate at your own risk.


To encourage safety on the road of frantic drivers, the Highway Patrol could hire me as a revenue-maker to issue "citizen citations."  



No comments:

Post a Comment