Trout Town Joe's coffee shop in June Lake, California sports the above message. The owner's smile, wider than the lake, brightens the day as her coffee adds energy.
Staying balanced involves leveling off from daily dips; up to down to up again. A smile activates a positive attitude, improves mood and helps us benefit from the day's challenges.
Smile and motivate your writing into action.
l. Set a writing intention. Choose a subject daily and write regardless of a need for outcome.
2. Exercise your body with a walk, run, weight training, or yoga. Get that motor running for at least 30 minutes each day and power the endorphins. Imprint the energy.
3. Choose your quality of the day: grace, courage, persistence, self-acceptance. Use it as a focus if you have a meditation practice. Or, write about it to begin the day.
4. Feel gratitude for all your gifts. Give thanks for waking up with a healthy body and mind clear enough to do this exercise. Last thing at night: Review all the good things that happened during the day. Build your gratitude muscle and train your mind to focus on the good. (Are you alive? Do you have clean water? Do you live in harmony with the land?)
5. Avoid taking in negative news. Choose nutritious brain food by choosing what works in life.
6.Drink lots of water and fresh juices during the day.
7. Listen to uplifting music, sing and dance. Open the heart. Change your mood.
8.Choose wisely what you read, listen to and the people with whom you associate. Avoid letting negative individuals populate your world. You cannot change them. Move on.
9. Learn to listen with both ears. Evaluate before disrespecting another's opinion.
10. Call a loved one or friend just to say hello or catch up.
Creative Write: Plan your Top Ten Happy Day Recipe. Write about what elevates your spirit!