Monday, May 21, 2012

Crouch for Curiosity


During my morning runs I ponder and play with words and ideas in my mind.  I stop occasionally to photograph moments and make connections.  Today I approached the seaside part of my running route and noticed an object that looked like a blue crab half the size of a basketball on the rocks.  It moved.  It moved again. Woah, my mind whirled.

At first I thought it needed saving and asked a couple seated on the rocks above if they noticed it.  They shot blank stares back at me.

I scrambled down the bank to the shore and my heart leaped as the creature moved again.  What fun I thought; a discovery of the day.  I will take a photo and help the crab back into the sea.

What did seem to be a sea creature, reality turned into a deflated birthday balloon.  Waving to the couple, I called, "Just a balloon."  Where were their curious minds anyway?  Curiosity sated, I forgot to take a photo.

Take time to follow your curiosity in writing today.  Don't take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment