Sunday, July 10, 2011

Self Searching



     "It is no use trying to reconcile the multitude of egos that compose me. I cannot fathom them myself. I ask myself questions that I cannot answer. I find my heart aching when I expected to find it rejoicing, tears flow from my eyes when my lips were formed to smile. I preach love, brotherhood, and peace, but I am conscious of antagonisms, and lo! I find myself brandishing a sword and making ready for battle.. . I walk unafraid towards the Enchanted Wood where the foliage is always green, where joy abides, where nightingales nest and sing, and where life and death are one in the Presence of the Lord."  - Helen Keller, from Midstream, My Later Life
     
     Helen Keller felt she had a "Golden Chamber" inside.She kept a magic searchlight in her heart to guide her. As she struggled with what she called,"sinister doubts that lurk in the shadow" she kept moving toward her Enchanted Wood. 


     Creative Write: Approach your writing today to energize a search for inner power that provides a searchlight. Write within a nature metaphor to stimulate discovery of your Enchanted Wood.  
     
     Push the words to corral feelings of frustration and carry you into more buoyant emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment