Monday, March 23, 2015

Celebrating 125




Today I celebrate my father's 125th Birthday. He taught me a fascination for life and to marvel at the eyewinks of sunrise and sunset. In a blink, darkness animates morning and day sneaks into night.

My father and I watched my "big ball of fire" as it eased into the horizon. He described a moment when the sun finds the sea and changes color in a "flash." Green sparks for a second or two. 

We coddled our patience through myriad twilights to catch that perfect moment - the green flash. It never happened for us to share.

Now, living on a hill with a view to the sea, I continue to watch and wait. One day the mystery will unfold when I least expect it. The search means placing myself in a variety of circumstances to "get ready." An amazement awaits in mirages and light shimmers. 

Writing also has its mysteries that I cannot perceive without the patience of the process. I feel awakenings daily as I attend to my practice. The thrill keeps me eager until a flash reveals itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment