Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Notice a Snail's Way



I awakened like a bee ready to begin the day circling projects. Snuggling under the covers for another minute or two, I concentrated on the moment with gratitude for another day.

During my morning run, my mind kept circling, organizing, thinking, planning. It wanted to complete projects, grade papers, and get things done.

My brain began to race like a cheetah. I reined that brain into the moment to notice a cloud parade had punctuated the sky.  A chipmunk and two bunnies grazed clover, their jaws synchronized in slow motion, Seagulls on the side of the cliff teased the wind. Waves nudged bubbles to shore.

A snail crossed ahead of me, leaving its reminder. To savor moments takes determination.

The breeze etched my cheeks with spring notions. As the pace slowed, I took time; time did not overtake me.

On the way home, a snail on a leaf rose like a Cheshire cat as I passed. Nearby, a bee circled the way I had started the morning. A feeling of snail settled in. 

Creative Write: Write about spending an afternoon at a snail's pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment