Friday, May 14, 2010

Determination of 29 Steps




Near the end of my running route, 29 stairs loom.  I can decide to smell the flowers and climb them once.  Or, depending on mind and body, repeats beckon.  Up the stairs two at a time for longer strides, then a recovery down the hill to climb again. 

On high energy days it's all right to run the row and go.  When I'm sluggish or my mind twirls in unfriendly conversation, I go for five repeats at least.

It might take ten to jiggle the juices.
The 29 ahead alter thoughts and energy level; that's their job.



With writing, the same policy applies.  One more line, or word must end my day's practice.  I'll give it another go in search of phrasing in a poem or essay. 



The 29 steps call me to scurry onward.



In both situations, I feel the confidence and motivation of inspiration combined with perspiration.





Creative Write:
What project or aspect of your life requires the determination of 29 steps?  

Write yourself through the ennui, confusion or frustration and don't stop before you feel a sense of accomplishment. Energize your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment