Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Words by the Sea





Too many times I have chased a Black Phoebe or Pelican for a photo or pursued a line for a poem.  If I continue along the path, follow the stairs, the poem will show itself, or the bird will lead me to another discovery. 



Waiting while indulging in other observations often assists.
 

Today the sea reveals ennui.  Yet, it continues, wave after wave, until the energy returns to build it to new heights.





These wild parrots fly over my neighborhood daily.  They perch in palm trees by Mission Bay. Petulant for photographs, they relented for my capture, even in a blur.










Creative Write: 
Joseph Campbell said, "If you follow someone else's way, you are not going to realize your potential." How will you break from the path you usually take to discover other routes? Look up and out. Discover a mystery.  What eludes you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment