Sunday, July 12, 2020

Grateful for Nature

For my health and to discover solutions to preserve my sanity, I meander on a daily morning run. Mileage varies from six miles up or down. My regular route flows from my home on a hill. 

I connect to a bike path or choose an alternate route. Onward I venture to explore neighborhoods, a turn and trot by the sea then finish with a rush up 80 steps by a local hotel. 

At the beginning and during my journey, I deliver flowers to friends. They know me as the "Flower Fairy."  I offer "words of the day" from my daily calendars.
Observing what's needed, I redirect sprinklers along the way and push newspapers closer to front doors. 





Searching for details each day, I discover my choice of Best house. Best yard. Best gate. Best lamps. Bests alter.

My favorite gardens have a sign, "No Pets on Landscape." I leave notes, "OK if I pet the flowers?"  I haven't received a response. I keep petting.


I sing along the way. 

My repertoire circulates. 

In an attempt to alter thinking, single words often arrive to change the focus.

I stay in the present and work with my study of mindfulness.






Water marks along the route encourage creative ideas. 

Is this Rudolph? 







I pass this board that inspires. It changes often. A container has notes in it. I have not explored its possibilities. Maybe I will leave my phrase of the day?

Other observations inspire my silliness. Is this a frog and the pelicans feel hungry?

Capturing photos along the way with my cellphone, I listen for bird song. Parrots in pairs soar overhead with their screeches. Sounds and scents of nature help when I feel a second wind needed. I can add that extra mile.
Gratitude accompanies my route. 

During this challenging time in life, I award Nature for all the gifts I receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment