Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hear the Voices




After the loss of my parents, what I miss most is that I can't remember the sound of their voices.  - LuAnn Williams


Voices stamp an imprint. 

         We clutch spaces between words. 
                  Often we miss the roars 
                           or tiny calls for assistance.








Friends and family leave us in a sound chamber if they create distance by geography or emotion. Connections evolve over time. We re-attach with the lost ones. Relationships renew on a new sound system.

Where curiosity lurks, we gain insight. 
My father's chuckle still dances in my ears. Piano tunes remind me of my mother's fingers on the keys. 


When searching for a voice, recall a friend who has passed. Listen and find laughter. Does the rise and fall of the voice have an operatic quality? Recall sounds of wonder when watching the flight of a seabird. Words of advice and admonishment always resound within a melody of love.

Write to recall sounds and voices to recapture a relationship.  


Notice insights gained along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment