Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Write About Laughter


Life is way better when you're laughing. - Oprah Winfrey



I looked out the window and saw an owl perched on the wire behind our neighbor's house. I crept closer to see it move its head.  

"Wow. Get your camera," I urged my husband. "You won't believe the size of this creature."


"I don't see an owl. How could an owl be out there?" he responded.


"Just look," I pointed beyond tree branches. "Open the sliding door slowly so you don't scare him."


I raced ahead of him to another window's view. Then broke into laughter. One of those plastic owls swung in the breeze. Someone had thrown it up to dangle on the wire. It sure looked lifelike from
a distance.

"Owlright! At least I'm observant." I flapped my arms, hopped around the room, and chuckled. 

My husband shook his head, "It's not even funny."

I just kept laughing; a rolling on the floor episode.


"Owlright!" I flapped away.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

What makes you laugh?  


It could be circumstances, misfortunes regarded in retrospect, or just the events of everyday life. The ability to poke fun at oneself after a strange situation provides material.

What tickles one person's funny bone may not inspire laughter for another. It's all about perception and possibility.


Creative Write: Write about an "owl" experience where two people don't connect about a humorous situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment