Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rapid Write: Six R's



I received an email with a request and an ASAP.  A family planned to put together a graduation book for their son. He would leave for college within days so they asked for a "wisdom" quotation from me ASAP . . . as in yesterday. They needed 150 words or less.

Others' procrastination sparks creativity, I chuckled.

Receiving the email after my yoga class, I had fifteen minutes to ponder what to write ASAP on the drive home. 

Stop lights reigned red in my favor. I scribbled ideas on the dashboard pad. Turning into my driveway, I hatched a plan.

Here's my ASAP:

Six R’s for a Balanced Life:

Respect:  Work on self-esteem from your inside out. Share it with everyone.
Reliance:  Enrich your talents and keep learning with insight.
Responsibility:  Make informed choices. Express gratitude.
Resilience: Don’t let any audience dictate your moods. Stay buoyant.
Renewal: Enjoy moments:  music, laughter, friendships, and fun.
Reverence: For family and friends and spiritual strength.

Creative Write:  Try a rapid write. You have 15 minutes to write a wisdom statement in 150 words or less.  Go for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment