Friday, September 9, 2011

Redefining Success

"My firendship with Jane is two years and a few dozen beach walks, horseback rides and mud baths old.  The relationship is deeply successful, like, she would say, the relationship between these huge dark rocks and the silver waves that crash all around them."    Pam Houston, from A Little More About Me.

Pam Houston writes, "My need to write things that terrify me is matched only by my desire to write the things that surprise and delight. I take what the world hands me in free verse and give it back in something like a form and it is language that lets me complete that circle."

Creative Write: How do you define a relationship you find successful?  Write about the relationship within a locale where you might walk with this person.  Show the reader the benefits of communication woven into a sense of place.




No comments:

Post a Comment