Monday, August 2, 2010

Pushing Boundaries
















I begin the day with a yoga class to move past tightness and breathe beyond difficulties. By twists and turns, I ease my mind and limbs into the poses. Stretching right side, then left extends boundaries. How grateful I feel that I do not possess the appendages of an octopus today.

Remaining in each moment sooths Saturday's tightness. Strength enlivens my body and mind. The process itself unravels frustration and opens possibilities like my writing does.

After class I watch clouds clumping with rain. The wind lifts my hair in a face tickle. Spring seeps into my cells and brings thoughts of renewal with flashes of color that erupt from the earth.

I feel refreshed and returned to my true nature.

Creative Write: Alain de Botton writes, "We should not feel embarrassed by our difficulties, only by our failure can anything grow." Consider what you find difficult today. How will you bring successes from the past to your present moments of discomfort? Write to discover and move beyond today's difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment