Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Fountain Pen Ponies


For me, a fountain pen provides pleasure more than fingers tapping on the keys. The scent and flow of a pen pony across the page creates rhythm and energy that equals meditation. Use of colored ink also enthuses my writer's mind.


I keep a full stable of fountain pens filled with green, turquoise, yellow and magenta inks. I also have red rose-scented ink. Some barrels feel feisty to my touch like Thoroughbreds. Others create the syncopated ride of a Missouri Fox Trotter. 

I have quarter horses and a Morgan or two that move my words with a pleasing gait. My Arabians kick up their heels on cold mornings. The scent of ink on a variety of papers stimulates my imagination.

Writing letters to friends and other writers encourages an action similar to free flow with a friendly recipient. 

If you have a favorite fountain pen pony, write a letter today and feel the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment