Saturday, July 16, 2022

Everyone C*A*N

 

I love to day dream and explore; antennae ready for everything along the paths I travel. Fantasy and reality mesh and meet my attention. If I'm working on a project that feels one-dimensional, I'll take a break and see what a wandering will uncover.  I might not use the discoveries of the day in my current project but they will wriggle into future writing. They percolate in my brain while I'm helping students discover  their own "ways in."  


Through Curiosity, Awareness and Noticing (CAN!),  opportunities build 
focus during times of  "boredom" which all writers encounter.  

I did not use the other B word (Block) because I refuse to believe in it.  

We can always write something. 

I Believe (a Positive B word!) writing has its own rhythm.  
We need patience and word shuffle. Also, we must learn to distract
ourselves at certain times and become demanding during other situations. 

Each writer's temperament requires a different carrot and stick. 

I require lots of play time and the engagement that nature offers 
my sensory perceptions. Then I CAN gather experiences and interactions 
to use in a variety of ways.


My cell camera assists me to add another layer 
of creativity to the day. 

Often an incident such as a Great Blue Heron 
landing on the water will happen far out of the 
camera's focus. My notepad will provide 
the space for word pictures. 

I scribble and record the effects of atmosphere 
on my temperament of the moment.



What a discovery to experience an elephant who extended its trunk and smiled 
from the grass.

What do you say to an asphalt elephant?

No comments:

Post a Comment