Friday, July 8, 2011

A Shakespeare Tale




After Much Ado About Nothing, I outlasted a medically-challenged time. Shakespeare's wisdom followed me around.  Receiving a clean bill of health, I declared nothing else could ruffle my feathers. Driving with full awareness, I breathed in renewed vigor, and arrived home in relief.

I decided to fix a feast for dinner. Salad the first item, I shook the salad dressing bottle to begin. Off popped the top, saturating me, the counter and floor in lemony delight.

"No Tempest for me," I laughed and cleaned.

After the dinner preparations, time to fill the bird feeders. The market had just discontinued selling seed cakes, so easy to hang.  Peter the Bluejay squawked for days to reminded me of the need for new containers.

With the new cylinders filled, I squeezed between the bushes to hang them in the Japanese Maples outside my window. Tripping over a root, the seeds landed under the tree for the rats' benefit.

"Ha, no Taming of this Shrew."  I signed and refilled the vacated tube. I will outlast this day, I declared.

Back at my desk, I took a breath and began using my paper shredder.  Suddenly growling and scraping sounds ground the machine's teeth in mid-chew.  Another breath and I reversed the chewers until a mellow sound finished the job.

Ha ha. Three's the charm, as the fairytales reveal.  I threw my fists in the air in a victory salute.

Measure for Measure, no Love's Labours Lost. It turned All's Well that Ends Well after the Comedy of Errors.

Creative Write: Select an author's titles to define your day or past week

No comments:

Post a Comment