Friday, July 20, 2012

Collage of Life


Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your wild and precious life?
                         - Mary Oliver from A Summer Day

My morning runs provide an opportunity to sink into moments of movement. I check in with my mind and body as nature's energy circles.  This opportunity to bound and bond nurtures my creativity and balance. As momentum unfurls, breezes tickle my arms and soothe my face.  Waves of air cool the morning's heat rising from the sidewalk.

Today the sky seems tall. Clouds twirl in their spindles too high for planes to reach. Dew awakens petals of daisies and geraniums that fill the morning with yellow, magenta and pink. A scent of cinnamon rolls chases me for a block.

Pelicans shift into Vs, feathers fluffed as they exchange places and alter the formation. I pursue beneath them, wishing to jump and rise into their stream.

My mind floods with ideas that re-arrange and multiply into the day's collage. Landscapes of the sea tease questions.  How simple the movement; one shoe hits, then the other. Breaths ease into a rhythm. Inspired by birdsong, my tune collection loops.

Mary Oliver's words prickle my mind for later connection.

Creative Write: Write about how you bring your collage of life into focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment