Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Writer's Enrichment

"If you stuff yourself full of poems, essays, plays, stories, novels, films, comic strips, magazines, music, you automatically explode every morning like Old Faithful. I have never had a dry spell in my life, mainly because I feed myself well, to the point of bursting. I wake early and hear my morning voices leaping around in my head like jumping beans. I get out of bed to trap them before they escape." - Ray Bradbury.



Writers become omnivores of experience through reading, going to movies and plays, listening to music, and appreciating art. We're magnets of discovery while observing and playing. Over the years, we discover stories or poetry, music and art that didn't appeal to us before, take on a new attraction.

Make a list of ten pieces of writing, music, movies, comics or art you return to for enervation. List one or two that you returned to for a second glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment