Sunday, April 25, 2010

Collage of Illusive




















For years, Eudora Welty nurtured a photographic career. She said, “Life doesn’t hold still. A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.” Later she translated her creativity into writing. She decided words conveyed more of life than photography. Her legacy encompasses all aspects of the imagination in stories, novels, essays and reviews.


During morning runs, I relish moments of sights, sounds and scents even though they interrupt my forward progress. Thanks to my cell phone’s photo capability, I chase the illusive.

Nature won't hold still or pose for my whim.  I moved the ladybug from a lower leaf to assist with the photograph above.

Will I ever capture a close up of this Great Blue Heron?  It's patient for only one or two clicks.




.

I wonder
how squirrel
translates by tail
the metronome of trees.

Peonies will always pose.


Creative Write: As spring blooms with opportunities, take a walk with a digital camera.
See if the illusive aspects of nature inspire words.

No comments:

Post a Comment