Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Portals to Adventure




A picture
lives by companionship.  - Mark Rothko

"There are things known and things unknown and between them, the doors." - Jim Morrison





Time stands still for my writer's mind. I snag a snapshot of attention. Ideas leap in. I become a companion with the frame and wonder where my imagination will extend the image.

What happens beyond the gate?

Words in response to pictures help me reflect and interpret the world and form a relationship with others.  Sentences search a world of paradox and mystery. Barriers invite my curiosity as portals to adventure.




What natural entrances invite story or poem?  Do you see the man of the sea hiding?
Creative Write:  Take a walk and capture a collage of portals. Or, use the three above. Do a freewite to investigate their connections.  Do stories and poems arise from one side of the entrance to the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment