Sunday, June 25, 2023

Fly Free

 


Have the elephants in my mind left their flannel pajamas on too long this morning?  I have to question what's going on. How will one elephant break from the herd and discover the savannah of blue for its romping pleasure?


Scents of a new day begin with the mockingbird's hip hop song. They fling me into moments in movement. Morning neck aches caused by a hard pillow or disrupted sleep, dissolve. 

I fill my lungs and begin my journey.

After I acknowledge a sense of cranky, the breeze on my arms and energy, bounding from each stride, bring a new consciousness.  

Mystery discovers me around the next turn in the sidewalk.  I push to understand the issues my body suggests and surge ahead to break beyond any frustration.

Waves jump and energize me.


I help a worm to a grass area and avoid stepping on a bee. 

Beyond the morning's congestion, I fly free, accumulating joy as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment