Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Awareness of What you Eat, Drink and Love




Today at the supermarket as I arrived in front of the checkout line, the checker attempted a smile and said,  "Hello."

"How's it going?"  I asked.

The sigh deepened as she offered, "OK."

Feeling buoyant after the challenges of the last month, I spouted, "Beware of what you eat, drink and love."   I stopped myself, no idea why those words collided.

She brightened and with a chuckle said, "Wow, may I write that down? That makes my day."

"Let's change it for a positive to "Stay Aware of what you eat, drink and love," I laughed and thanked her for encouraging my words to bounce.

The exchange left us both perkier.

Pushing my cart to the car, I wondered - Whatever did the words mean?

I pondered their expanded usage:

Eat!      Savor healthful food and delight in the nourishment.

Drink!   Indulge in every moment with all the senses.

Love!    Begin by admiring yourself and give your Love away.


Creative Write:  What three words come to mind for you?   Where will those words take you on a writing exploration today?

No comments:

Post a Comment